The more your forklift is used, the more often it will need to be serviced to remain safe and efficient to use. If your forklifts are used heavily, they may require forklift maintenance every 90 days. Routine maintenance checks play a major role in preserving your forklift’s lifespan and performance.
In most cases, forklift companies will recommend that you service your forklift based on time and usage intervals.
What are Time Intervals and Usage Intervals?
Usage intervals are measured using your key or pedal hours. Time intervals are measured in days and months. At Trupar America, we recommend that you have your forklift serviced based on how often you use your forklift or your usage intervals.
We recommend full service at 200 hours. Our highly trained and experienced technicians will complete
- Grease the chassis and the mast components
- Install a new fuel filter
- Change the oil
- Install a new oil filter and air filter
- Adjust engine idle speed and ignition timing
- Inspect components including the drive belt tension, spark plugs, distributor point, the lift, and the cap and rotor
You should also service your hydraulic system at 600 hours of use. This service will include:
- Inspection of the pedal free play, lift chain tension, mast operation, lift and tilt cylinder operation, carriage rollers, hydraulic oil pump, hand brake, fuel filter, hoses, PVC valve, differential, and transmission oil
- New fuel filter
- New hydraulic filter
- Adjustment of the mast support bushing, clutch release bearing, chassis links, and title cylinder pins
- Cleaning of the radiator
Factors to Consider in Addition to Hours of Usage
Along with considering hours of usage, there are a variety of other factors you should consider when scheduling your forklift for maintenance, such as:
- Working conditions
- Age of the forklift
- Maintenance history
- Application type
All forklifts are different, so to ensure your forklift maintenance is on track, it is best to speak with our trained technicians to create a maintenance schedule that will fit your specific needs.
Forklift Service in Pittsburgh
At Trupar America, we can handle all your forklift service needs. Pittsburgh business owners can benefit from our convenient and experienced forklift service and maintenance to keep their fleet running in top shape!